CUSTOMER: NHS DUMFRIES & GALLOWAY
PROJECT DETAILS: DUMFRIES ROYAL INFIRMARY THEATRES REFURBISHMENT
NIFES SERVICES:LEAD CONSULTANT, M&E DESIGN AND CDM CO-ORDINATOR
The demand for surgical facilities, fit for future generations, required the five existing 30 year-old
main hospital theatres to be upgraded.
NHS Dumfries and Galloway asked NIFES to design and manage this complex project, keeping theatre services going and adhering to a tight budget and programme.
A new theatre services plant room had to be constructed to enable the phased replacement works to be carried out without disrupting operations.
The scrub rooms and anaesthetic rooms were also completely refurbished.
The following elements contributed to the success of the project:
- Constant liaison with the relevant hospital departments both pre and post design
- Detailed understanding of the operational needs of the hospital
- Close attention paid to the enabling works and contract phasing
- Knowledge M&E and Public Health of (S)HTMs
- Hands-on management of the procurement and installation
- On-going input from our in-house CDM Co-ordinator
- Delivered on time and within budget
Complex refurbishment of 5 live theatres
Delivered on time and within budget