Technical Due Diligence
NIFES provide technical due diligence services to assess suitability and technical risk associated with a new or proposed project. This support is generally to either the client or the financing organisation of the proposed project and is normally carried out before proceeding with the full investment.
NIFES services include all of the main technical issues associated with a project including:
- A review of the design of the proposed installation
- A review of the project process and procurement strategy
- A review of the proposed contractual arrangements proposed
- Market availability of the proposed equipment
- Fuel supply risks and security of supply
- Third party connections
- Health and safety Issues
- Environmental Issues
- Issues associated with permits, licenses and income streams
- Costs, Cash Flow and Capital Expenditure profiles
- Operation & Maintenance Charges
NIFES have experience of this work for all building services installations, including renewable technologies and infrastructure projects, both electrical and mechanical.
The information is provided in a detailed report showing conclusions and recommendations.
In addition to this, NIFES can provide support to the financing organisation during the construction phase to assess the following:
- Monitoring and reporting of project progress throughout the construction and commissioning phases
- Confirmation to the investor of key events that are used to release staged payments to the project
- Assessment and reporting of any identified technical issues that could affect the overall project
- Monitoring of production, purchasing and building of equipment on behalf of the project
- Confirm that the project has secured all necessary permits and licenses from the authorising agents and other organisations prior to plant operation
- Confirm that appropriate warranties, guarantees and operating procedures are in place before the plant is handed over by contractors and that trained operators are in place to run the plant
- Carry out a review of the plant operating history after handover