Biomass heating, in view of the low carbon nature of the technology, has now become accepted as a mainstream approach in the UK and provide an excellent platform for the achievement of a low carbon economy.
To support this, NIFES have designed a number of biomass boiler installations, initially starting with the feasibility of the project, which considers:
- locational considerations
- review space availability including fuel storage
- review road access provision
- general engineering assessment
- fuel storage
- fuel supply interface
- mechanical interface
- electrical supply
- civil/structural and buildings issues
- collection of required information to assess planning and environmental issues
- review operational characteristics and model of weekly operation
- consider control issues
- assess the potential for renewable heat incentive (RHI) benefits
NIFES utilise our established techniques to analyse the energy data received in the context of the site characteristics established during the site survey.
In principle we will use the actual site data overlaid with typical profile information for similar sites to create seasonal profiles, for use in the assessment process.
The data collected is then analysed to yield a shortlist of possible options for the development of the scheme. These options will include the credible technology alternatives together with size considerations for the plant under a series of design scenarios.
We then collate a task plan for the development and implementation of the project, highlighting critical activities and possible risk factors. NIFES specialist biomass boiler engineers can then design, specify, project manage and install the system from inception to completion. We take away the burden of legislative compliance; NIFES liaises with local authorities if needs be to ensure the installation meets all national regulatory requirements.
Generally we provide the following services:
- Feasibility Study, load assessment and technology review
- Design & Specification
- Tender Analysis
- Project Management
- Contract Administration
- CDM Duties
- Clerk of Work Duties
- Practical Completion and Handover Procedures
- Specification of ongoing Maintenance
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 0845 168 684
Mob: 07786 277479