CLIENT: Essentia Guy’s and St Thomas’s NHS Trust
PROJECT DETAILS: Risk Manager Secondment
NIFES ROLE: Senior Fire, Security and Risk Manager
Essentia – Community Services GSTT; due to departmental mergers, required high level managerial support for their Risk, Fire and Security contracting teams; providing Safety, Fire and Security support for their NHS Estates, covering approximately 140 sites, including: Health Centres, Clinics and Acute Hospitals across South London. Providing senior managerial risk support for the Essentia – NIFES advised the Community Services GSTT Risk and Estates teams, covering aspects of Health & Safety, compliance and risk management for Essentia based staff and their clients.
NIFES were seconded for nearly 2 years to work alongside GSTT Estates and Heads of Department to identify risk. This facilitated a process of restructuring the Estates Safety, Fire and Security services provision from previous departments, amalgamating differing working philosophies, structures and systems. This enabled co-ordination of day to day efficiencies and implementation of effective operational management.
Reactive and planned statutory services were reviewed for community and primary care clients whilst linking appropriately with clinical and multi-disciplinary teams in partnering CCG’s, NHS Property Services, NHS England and acute Trusts.
NIFES also provided a business development plan covering 5 years, enabling Essentia to restructure and expand into non-NHS areas. NIFES took some of the existing risk management systems and restructured them to form, a harmonious working system for Health & Safety, compliance and risk management across Essentia GSTT Estate.
Essentia now have:
- A more efficient workforce having greater control over their Estates workload.
- Reduced staff costs.
- Reduce third party costs, due to the expansion of in-house work.
- Harmonised work systems throughout the Fire and Security teams.
- 100% accuracy on Key Performance Indicators.
- Greater client satisfaction.
- Increased turn-over through new client contracts
- A 5 year Business plan for the future, detailing workforce structure, sales targeting, and financial loadings.
- Systems for the management and monitoring of Health & Safety, compliance and risk.
“NIFES experience with the NHS and risk management really paid off. They delivered a professional, impartial service” Grace Bishop, Director of Essentia.