CLIENT: Pavilion Practice, Brixton
PROJECT DETAILS: Full Internal Refurbishment
NIFES ROLE: Project Manager
NIFES carried out a Six Facet Survey at The Pavilion Practice GP Surgery, the surveys identified that the internal environment had become extremely tired and dated. The GP consulting rooms had become non-compliant to modern healthcare standards, and were below standard for Infection Control.
The internal refurbishment included the following:
- All GP consulting rooms refurbished to modern healthcare HTM compliant standards
- Upgrade to the internal lighting
- Upgrading and enhancing the ventilation system
- Improving the aesthetics of the waiting area
- Full internal decoration
- New floor covering throughout
The Six Facet Survey identified the work required and set the budget. NIFES Project Managers put a detailed specification together including healthcare HTM and Infection Control compliant specifications.
NIFES issued the tender package to contractors and recommended the successful contractor to the client. NIFES managed the project through to completion and handover.
The GP Practice needed to stay fully functional and normal day-to-day activities needed to be carried out uninterrupted. NIFES implemented a phasing Programme that met this requirement
The positive benefits of the refurbishment included:
- Enhanced internal environment
- Compliant GP Consulting rooms
- Infection Control compliant practice
- New furniture
- Improved lighting
- Upgraded ventilation system
- Fresh redecorations throughout
Members of the public and staff working at the practice commented on how much improved the practice was after the refurbishment.
“I was very apprehensive regarding the disruption this project might cause to the practice, NIFES Project Manager made the whole project painless with fantastic results” Sheila Ryan Practice Manager