The Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000 requires the users and owners of pressure systems demonstrate that they know and operate these systems within the Safe Operating Limits.
Examples of Pressure Systems:
- Package Steam Boilers, Autoclaves and other Steam plant and equipment
- High Temperature Hot Water systems designed for operating above 1100C
- Compressed air vessels and systems greater than 250 bar litre
- Refridgeration System (Vapour Compressed) greater than 25kW
How to comply with the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations?
Ensure that all persons are competent to carry out their duties.
- Ensure that the systems have been designed and installed in compliance with relevant standards and the manufacturers requirements.
- Operate the equipment and systems within there Safe Operation Limits and with compliance with manufacturers requirements.
- Have suitable Written Schemes of Examination in place for all Pressure Systems that fall under the Regulations.
- Inspections should be carried out in accordance with the Wrtten Schem of Examination, often completed by your Insurance
- Enure that any maintenance and repairs are carried out by Competent and Authorised Persons.
- Maintain accurate written record.
NIFES Consulting Group has experienced engineers who are competent in all aspect of Pressure Systems and the Regulations. These engineers can act as Authorising Engineers on behalf of the Client to provide the necessary advice and support to ensure safe compliance of the regulations.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 0845 168 684
Mob: 07786 277479