Measured Building Surveys
Definition and Use
A measured survey of a building provides an accurate graphic representation of it which can be presented in electronic format for various uses such as:
- Space utilisation surveys
- Carter Review
- Gross Internal Floor Area calculations
- Lettable floor area calculations
- Planning applications
- Building Control applications
Floor plans, elevations and sections can be produced incorporating all elements of a building both internally and externally.
What NIFES Can Offer:
NIFES offer the service of Measured Surveys to various different levels of detail. Plans are produced in CAD software and can be issued as deliverables in a variety of formats and uploaded to CAFM systems.
Floor plans, elevations, sections and bespoke details can be produced in order to suit the needs of the project.
Analytical information such as polylines defining room areas can be added to floor plans. These plans can then be integrated into property appraisal database systems to aid estate management.
NIFES regularly work in occupied properties and sensitive environments carrying out surveys with minimal disruption to the client and building occupants.
Previous examples of tailored commissions by NIFES include:
- Floor plan updating exercise for records purposes across an estate of 57 buildings;
- Production of floor plans and elevations of a Health Centre to support a planning application for replacement of the windows;
- Full measured survey of an estate of 90 properties with production of CAD floor plans and detailed accommodation schedules;
For more information, please contact:
Tel: 0845 168 684
Mob: 07786 277479