What is a Thermographic Survey?
Thermographic Surveys are carried out by qualified engineers and are essential to the maintenance of fabric and electrical installations. These surveys are required to ensure that systems are working with no problems.
They are used to detect any abnormalities, such as very high temperature as this will show that there is a serious problem within an electrical or building fabric installation. Therefore, it is of paramount importance that buildings have them, as there can be very serious consequences.
There are multiple reasons to explain why temperatures could be increased, such as faulty equipment, overloaded sockets, or simply due to fatigue.
Our Thermographic Survey Expertise
NIFES have a considerable amount of within conducting thermographic survey reports, spanning both electrical and building fabric installations.
At NIFES, we have developed a meticulous and thorough approach to thermographic surveys to satisfy the requirements of a variety of bodies, such as:
- Insurance Companies
- Safety Auditors
- Maintenance and Engineering Managers
All of our survey and reports are completed by surveyors certified to ISO 18436 Level 2 (also known as PCN Level 2). In addition, all survey reports are completed in accordance with BS EN 13187 (Thermal Performance of Buildings)
Building Fabric Thermographic Surveys
In the case of building fabric surveys, NIFES conducts an investigation of external and provides a comprehensive report. This process includes:
- Panoramic thermal and visual images of the building.
- Images supported by commentary and analysis.
- Infrared thermographic survey completed at night or early hours, to limit the effects of solar gain.
- Carried out by thermographers that are PCN certified by the British Insitute of Non-Destructive Testing (BINDT)
- All surveys are provided in electronic form, in addition to a colour bound hard copy.
Electrical Thermographic Surveys
NIFES provide a thorough electrical thermographic survey report which breaks down and provides a detailed analysis. In these reports, the following is involved or included:
- All surveys are carried out by surveyors certified to PCN Level 2.
- All of our inspectors have excellent electrical qualifications and backgrounds that enable them to understand the most complex electrical installations.
- The report covers in detail all of the electrical equipment that has been inspected.
- In the report, any defects or findings are described in comprehensive detail.